VMware released update 4 of it’s flagship ESX 3.5.
This means the current version is:
VMware ESX Server 3.5 Update 4 | 30 Mar 2009 | Build 153875
In update 4 changes/updates have been made in the following categories:
- Enhanced vmxnet Adapter in win2003/sbs2003/xp
- Several driver updates
- Support for the Xeon processor 5500 series has been added
- Guest OS support enhanced
- Management Agents for hardware lifecycle management
- Several SATA IO devices now supported
- and more…
The complete list of what’s new and more on the updates can be found in the release notes here
Also note that not all newly added or existing improved items will work with all combinations of versions of ESX and Virtual Center and other tools like the vi-client, VCB etc. Ideally (if you want to profit from it all) they should be at the latest level. VMware created a document with a matrix which shows the compatibility between the different combinations of versions.