Today Ruben Spruijt a MVP from PQR announced on twitter Project VRC is live.
Their objectives according to the site:
The goal of Project VRC is to investigate, validate and give answers to the following questions:
- How does various Microsoft Windows Client OS’s scale as a virtual desktop?
- How does a VDI infrastructure scale in comparison (virtualized) Terminal Server?
- Which performance optimization on the host and guest virtualization level can be configured, and what is the impact of these settings on user density?
- With the introduction of the latest hypervisor technologies, can we now recommend running large scale TS/CTX workloads on a virtualization platform?
- How do the two usage scenarios compare, that is Microsoft Terminal Server [TS] only, versus TS plus XenApp?
- How do x86 and x64 TS platforms compare in scalability on bare metal and virtualized environments?
- What is the best way to partition (memory and vCPU) the Virtual Machines the hypervisor host, to achieve the highest possible user density?
The first whitepapers are online, register and you can download them.