A summary of new features:
- Xen Security Modules (XSM)
- ACPI S3 suspend-to-RAM support for the host system
- Preliminary PCI pass-through support (using appropriate Intel or AMD I/O-virtualisation hardware)
- Preliminary support for a wider range of bootloaders in fully virtualised (HVM) guests, using full emulation of x86 ‘real mode’.
- Faster emulation of standard (non-super) VGA modes for HVM guests
- Configurable timer modes for HVM guests, depending on how the guest OS manages time-keeping
- Many other changes and enhancements across all supported machine architectures