VMware Lab Manager 2.5.1 is now available. Improvements include:
- More granular user control. Ability for the administrator to allow or disallow users from template usage and actions that can strongly impact shared storage.
- Improved administrator controls. Administrators can now change ownership of items, direct administrator emails to the appropriate users or email alias, and test SMTP.
- IP address savings. Ease consumption of IP addresses when fence NATting is not required.
- Longer template names. Template names can now be more verbose.
- Improved storage management. Improvements to storage usage reports.
- Swapping ISO images. Ease installs by allowing ISO images to be swapped faster.
- All interim patches. Lab Manager 2.5.1 rolls up all interim patch releases, including:
- Templates are not restricted to 4Gb memory footprint
- Better handling of ESX and VMFS-3 limitations
- More scalable LDAP implementation
- Improved email filtering
Technorati Tags: VMware, Lab manager, Release, 2.5.1