Some time ago we where at a customer and ran into a problem backing up virtual machines using vss and snapshots.
First I’ll explain the situation we got into.
This customer has offices geographically spread.
Currently the customer is in the middle of a datacenter consolidation process. The organization is migrating from a decentralized [...]
A couple of weeks ago I came across a similar problem as in my previous post with update manager, this was a different problem however:
I took another shot at examining the logfiles of vCenter Update Manager on the vCenter Server aiming at confirming the issue with the metadata at “C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Update Manager\Logs”: [...]
Some time ago I was at a customer who planned to rollout some patches using VMware vCenter Update Manager on ESXi hosts.
First scan went OK, but stage and remediate complained about not able to reach the download location. Next I ran down a simple checklist.
Does the host (or all) have [...]
The coming months VMware Education Services will start to offer a training covering VMware vCenter orchestrator called “VMware vCenter Orchestrator: Develop Workflows [V4.1]” in EMEA.
This hands-on training course explores the use of VMware vCenter Orchestrator for the automation of IT processes, both physical and virtual.
This three day [...]
On VMworld at Tuesday I attended the session “Designing vSphere Platforms for Maximum Tier 1 Application Performance #BCA2817” by Mark Achtemichuk and Reza Taheri. I summarized the key take aways from this session below:
When having the option, use at least vSphere 4.1 because of the major performance gain over earlier versions of [...]
Check the latest comments
- Mike L and Eric S – Fall asleep @ SAP part of Keynote… - RTFM Education – Virtualization, VMware, Citrix on VMworld Europe 2009 Tuesday Keynote Bonus
- Martín on Connecting ESX to SAN: PCI Device resource allocation failure
- VMware Update Manager and Scratch Partition | Virtual Architect - Gerben's Blog on Virtualization on Scan failed with vCenter Update Manager
- Hugo S. on Connecting ESX to SAN: PCI Device resource allocation failure
- Mark Achtemichuk on Designing vSphere Platforms for Maximum Tier 1 Application Performance #BCA2817